Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Burnham 3
Hayes & Yeading Utd

Hayes & Yeading were beaten on Tuesday evening at the Gore as hosts Burnham burst into a two goal lead in just eight minutes that Phil Babb’s side never really recovered from, eventually losing 3-0.

With United fielding a strong side it was a real shock as the home side found the net after just 26 seconds when a defence splitting ball from former United man Diak John picked out Danny Burnell who was composed in firing past the unprotected Craig Bradshaw.

Hayes & Yeading were nearly level on seven minutes when Dean Inman rose highest to a Jack Mills corner to send a header towards the top corner that Lewis Driver did well to head off the line. In fact from the clearance Driver moved the length of the pitch to arrive unchallenged at the far post to volley home a John cross to give his side a two goal advantage.

Chances for the remainder of the half were few and far between with the only two noteworthy efforts seeing Bradshaw gather a 20 yard Marc Charles-Smith effort and at the other end Charlie Wassmer met a Mills corner but was too high with his header.

The first effort of the second period came from United’s Stefan Cox who having collected the ball on the right cut inside and tried his luck from 18 yards but former Hayes FC keeper Michael Watkins held comfortably.

Bradshaw was alert on the hour as Reece Yorke stooped to meet a corner, the United keeper grabbing the ball at his post. Four minutes later though it was 3-0 as Burnham substitute Tom Willmett arrived at the far post to power home a header from a free-kick.

Fourteen minutes remained and it would have been four but for a full length diving save from Bradshaw who denied Driver a second from fully 25 yards.

It was the 82nd minute when the Blues goal was pressured again as Kamaron English worked his way into the box on the left and hit a shot that went just the wrong side of Watkins’ upright.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Hayes & Yeading United
Michael Watkins
Half-Time: 2-0

Full-Time: 3-0

Referee: Mr K Bailey

Attendance: n/k


Burnell (1)
Driver (7)
Willment (64)

Hayes & Yeading United:

Craig Bradshaw
Josh Webb
Jack Mills
Tom Baddeley
Tom Bird
Reece Yorke
Josh Webb
Dan Bailey
Charlie Wassmer
Dwain Lee
Dean Inman
Lewis Driver
Stefan Cox
Ryan Upward
Frankie Merrifield
Danny Burnell
Jake Reid
Marc Charles-Smith
© Luke Williams
Diak John
Kameron English
Tom Willment (for Bailey, 56)
Ashley Harris
Ryan Blake
Luke Medley (for Wassmer, 78)
John Gray (for Upward, 30)
Daniel Wishart
Adam Bernard (for Burnell, 46)
Omar Mohamed
Matt Collis
Jon Dollery (for Merrifield, 62)
Michael Bryan (for Cox, 72)
Bruno Pache
Szymon Sidorowicz (for Webb, 62)
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy