Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 0
Ashford Town (Middx) 1
Hayes & Yeading departed this seasons FA Youth Cup at the first hurdle after failing to break down a resolute Ashford Town (Middlesex) defence and then being hit by a sublime Luke Wilson volley in stoppage time.

The visitors were first to mount a challenge as Joel Large worked his way into the United area, his shot being charged down by Prosper Ezewuzie.

A couple of minutes later United skipper Lewis Cole was just off target with a volley from Alan Musoke’s cross before Ezewuzie did well again at the other end, this time blocking wide an Eva Batousol shot after good work from Large on the left.

A forceful run on the right by Elliott Legg set up a shooting chance for Musoke but he fired wide from just inside the area while at the other end Batousol worked space before he too fired over.

United’s best chance of the half came ten minutes before the break when a neat chip over the top found Legg, despite a shove in the back from a defender, he kept his feet when many would have gone down but could not get enough on his shot and Ashford keeper Tyler Tobin made a good diving stop.

The early part of the second half saw two efforts from range by Large, the first being well held by United keeper Melvin Minter and the second forcing a full length dive from the keeper as the ball swung wide of the far post.

Just after the hour mark another chipped ball over the middle of the Ashford defence saw Legg through on goal, his shot was palmed away by Tobin and when the loose ball fell to Musoke his shot was deflected over the crossbar by a well placed defenders boot. The resultant corner kick picked out Ezewuzie at the far post, his looping header coming back off the face of the crossbar before dropping into Tobin’s grasp.

United by now were starting to get on top. Adam Cash found Musoke in an advanced position on the right, his low drilled centre found Flavio Tavares at the near post but his touch was not firm enough and the ball went across the face of goal and wide.

Legg then picked out Cole who saw his shot aimed at the top corner again deflect away off a well placed defender. As stoppage time arrived Legg set up substitute Riquel Samuel but Tobin was equal to the effort, grabbing the ball at the foot of his post.

With extra time looming it was the visitors who struck the hammer blow. A free-kick was chipped into the United box, Tom Marr at full stretch did well to get his head to the ball but it went into the air and dropped to Luke Wilson on the corner of the six yard box and hit connected superbly on the volley to send the ball across Minter and in off the angle of post and crossbar, thus sealing his side’s progress at United’s expense.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Adam Cash.

Hayes & Yeading United
Ashford Town (Middlesex)
Melvin Minter
Half-Time: 0-0

Full-Time: 0-1

Referee: Mr J O'Hene

Attendance: 56


Hayes & Yeading United:

Ashford Town (Middx):
Wilson (90+1)
Tyler Tobin
Adam Cash
Joe Lynch
Andrew Dean
Sam Molyneaux
Tom Marr
George Lavander
Prosper Ezewuzie
Luke Neville
Lewis Cole ©
Sam Woollard
Elliott Legg
Tom Bovington
Ross Seldon
© Conor Molyneaux
Flavio Tavares
Eva Batousol
Alan Musoke
Joel Large
David Manu
Luke Wilson
Romain Palmer
Curtis Read (for Large, 79)
Eddie Keen
Josh Eveleigh
Dylan Hern
Ryan Marklew (for Bovington, 66)
Riquel Samuel (for Manu, 66)
Leke Somule
Ryan Mondiwa
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy