Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

Ashford Town (Middx) 1
Hayes & Yeading Utd 1

An even encounter ended rightly level as a depleted Hayes & Yeading United side maintained their unbeaten record in the Ryman Youth League, but were denied a win.

The home side started very sharply. In fact, it took them just 33 seconds to get a shot at goal, but Eva Batosal's lay off to Joel Large resulted in a shot which went into the side netting.

United composed themselves and went close on 9 mintues as Andrew Dean received the ball on the by line following good link up play by William Figueira and Lewis Cole and the full back cut inside before firing a shot which George Armstrong did weill to smother.

Three minutes later, an opportunity from a similarly tight angle brought about the opening goal. The Ashford defence were slow in clearing a loose ball and Figueira got a shot in which was blocked. The ball spun wide but Riquel Samuel collected it, turned and with little of the goal to aim at, looped the ball into the far corner.

United were keen to play passing football throughout, but the uneven surface sometimes was their undoing. This was the case on 16 miutnes when Lewis Cole misplaced a pass and Batosal played the ball to Conor Molyneaux. His 25 yard shot looked in all the way until a stunning fingertip save from Ryan Mondiwa diverted the ball onto the bar and it went to safety.

Ashford were to get their equaliser on 10 minutes later as Large latched onto a long straight pass which split the United defence and finished confidently under the advancing Mondiwa.

After another misplaced pass, this time from Elijah Bristol, Conor Molyneaux tried his luck from long range again, but his effort drifted wide of the post.Play then switched to the other end as David Manu's header from Samuel's corner picked out a well positioned Armstrong when a goal seemed inevitable.

Just like the first half, Ashford were very quick to mount an attack after the break as Large's long ball put Batosal through only for Mondiwa to perform a brave block. However, United were to begin to switch momentum their way and after a superb turn on the right wing, Figueira cut inside and fired a shot which tested the strngth of Armstrong's trailing hand at his near post.

Mondiwa produced another excellent diving save from Large's fierce shot but play was mostly at the other end as Samuel's long range shooting on more than one occasion threatened but just missed the target.

And although United enjoyed the majority of possession, the team were again thankful to keeper Mondiwa, whose superb double save from Large's one on one effort and Luke Wilson's follow up shot restored a parity which lasted until the end of the game.

Report by Nick Bell.

United Man of the Match: Ryan Mondiwa.

Ashford Town (Middlesex)
Hayes & Yeading United
George Armstrong
Half-Time: 1-1

Full-Time: 1-1

Referee: Mr A Farrelly

Attendance: 32


Ashford Town (Middlesex):
Large (26)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Samuel (12)

Ryan Mondiwa
Leke Somule
Conrad Davies
Sam Molyneaux
Andrew Dean
Curtis Read
Elijah Bristol
Joe Lynch
Prosper Ezewuzie
Mitchal Gough
Ross Seldon
Luke Wilson
David Manu
Tyler Henderson
© Lewis Cole
Eva Batosal
Riquel Samuel
Conor Molyneaux ©
William Figueira
Joel Large
Presley Nkame
Bradley Chambers (for Large, 90+1)
Dylan Hern (for Davies, 55)
Alex Wholehouse
Eddie Keen (for Seldon, 80)
Shervin Mardani (for Henderson, 55)
Jarad Fountain (for Batosal, 79)
Sam Billins
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy