Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 1
Wealdstone 0
Delroy Preddie's Hayes & Yeading reserve side earned a hard fought victory over Wealdstone on the Sharda Glass Community Stadium training pitch as a second half strike from the impressive Elliott Legg saw United claim the runners-up spot by leapfrogging their opponents.

With two very youthful looking sides taking to the pitch, it took a little while for the game to get going, the first effort at goal coming after 15 minutes when Stones Reece Grant shot for goal from just inside the United area, Luke Bersey took the sting off the shot and keeper Elvijs Putnins swept up the loose ball.

Bersey turned provider a few minutes later when his long pass found Isaac Osei-Tutu on the right, he took a forwards step andhit an angled shot from the corner of the Stones box that flew wide of the goal.

Stones again went close ten minutes from the interval when the ball was worked to Ashley Nathaniel-George on the edge of the box, his attempt to curl the ball into the top corner was just too high to trouble Putnins.

With four minutes of the half remaining Brendan Cowell fed the ball to Riquel Samuel, the United under 18s player forging his way past all and sundry into the area before forcing a good save from Stones keeper David Myeres who pushed his effort around the post.

Two minutes into stoppage time the visitors thought they had taken the lead when a corner fell to Grant who with his back to goal executed a superb overhead kick that beat Putnins only to be hooked off the line by the well placed Elliott Legg.

The second period again took a while to find its momentum although just after the hour mark another surge into the Stones area by Samuel saw him get a shot in but it was at a stretch and had no power as Myeres comfortably picked up the shot.

Seven minutes later United delivered what was to be the killer blow when substitute Harry Tew-Robinson collected the ball on the right and rolled it inside to advancing full-back Legg, the United man cutting inside and firing past Myeres with his weaker left foot to give United the lead.

Five minutes later Myeres was in action again as Luke Williams fed Cowell, the big striker hitting a shot on the turn that the keeper grabbed at the second attempt. Legg nearly had a second minuites later when his advanced run and shot from just inside the box drew another good save from Myeres who pushed his effort around the post.

Stones almost drew level in the last minute when a long punt upfield fell to Grant who with a clear run at goal saw his shot deflected wide of the far post.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Elliott Legg.

Hayes & Yeading United
Elvijs Putnins
Half-Time: 0-0

Full-Time: 1-0

Referee: n/k

Attendance: n/k


Hayes & Yeading United:
Legg (69)

David Myeres
Elliott Legg
Andrew Amoah
Andrew Dean
Orlando Rodrigues
Jack Thomson-Wheeler
Natalmond Lewis-Robinson
Stefan Tomasevic
© Karim Aissaoui
Luke Bersey
Ayo Noble
Riquel Samuel
Osita Isichei
Seb Castello
Ivan Costa-Suarez
Brendan Cowell
Reece Grant
Luke Williams ©
Andrew Boahen
Isaac Osei-Tutu
Ashley Nathaniel-George
Lewis Cole (for Castello, 52)
Koran Goldson
Harry Tew-Robinson (for Osei-Tutu, 46)
Tommy Walsh (for Costa-Suarez, 58)
Richard Whittingham
Rhys White-Masters (for Isichei, 46)
Edgar Silva-Morais (for Boahen, 46)
Rourke Pickford
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy