Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 1
Dulwich Hamlet 4

Delroy Preddie’s newly assembled reserve side didn’t quite get off to the start he would have wished on Tuesday night as the young side were beaten 4-1 by Dulwich Hamlet on the Beaconsfield Road 3G.

In fact it took the visitors just two minutes to open the scoring when the ball was fed to Kareem Boyle who rounded Luke Daley in the United goal and slotted the ball home from a tight angle.

Ten minutes later the woodwork came to United’s rescue when another Boyle run ended with a chipped shot that sailed over Daley’s head but came back off the United crossbar.

Still the visitors controlled the game, Yasine Gnahore turned away from Michael Kinsella only to pull his shot wide. In a rare sortie forwards minutes later, Kinsella got his head to a United corner but his effort was too high to trouble Paul Idem in the Dulwich goal.

Daley then did well to grasp a low shot from Dominic Weston before the Dulwich striker doubled his sides lead six minutes later, a neat exchange of passes saw Weston collect the ball and place his shot past Daley and in off the far post.

Two minutes later United had a great chance to pull one back as Joseph Oseyemi upended Harry Pearse in the area and referee Downey awarded a spot kick. Pearse himself took the kick only to be denied by Idem who palmed the ball away diving to his left.

Within two minutes the lead was three though as Weston caught Daley in possession outside his area and then had the simplest of finishes to complete as he rolled the ball into the vacant United net.

United almost pulled one back before the break as left-back Shannon Jesson was played through by Alex Kedzielski but his first time effort went across the face of Idem’s goal and wide of the far post.

First half stoppage time saw the woodwork come to United’s rescue once again as Boyle found space on the right, switched the ball to his left foot and hit a low shot that came back into play off the upright.

The second half started quickly for both sides, Romone McCrae fired inches wide for the visitors and then seconds later United reduced the arrears when Richard Whittingham arrived at the far post to fire home an Adam Cash cross via the inside of the post.

Dulwich were not finished though and just before the hour mark a free-kick right on the edge of the area saw Boyle fire over the wall and into the top corner with Daley barely having chance to move.

Idem then saved a low 18 yard effort from Kedzielski while at the other end Weston was put clean through but having slid the ball past Daley saw it go the wrong side of the post.

United’ s last real opening came in the 73rd minute when Kedzielski’s initial shot was deflected into the air, Whittingham brought down the high ball and made space for a shot, the ball just missing the target.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Richard Whittingham.

Hayes & Yeading United
Dulwich Hamlet
Luke Daley
Half-Time: 0-3

Full-Time: 1-4

Referee: Mr M Downey

Attendance: 33


Hayes & Yeading United:
Whittingham (48)

Dulwich Hamlet:
Boyle (2 & 57)
Weston (30 & 38)
Paul Idem
Elliott Legg
Lamar Hurley
Shannon Jesson
Kershaney Samuels
Jack Ryder-Smith
Todd Whittle
Jay Kalama ©
© George Benner
Michael Kinsella
Joseph Oseyemi
Aaron Minhas
Kareem Boyle
Harry Pearse
Yasine Gnahore
Aaron Berry
Dominic Weston
Daryl McLean
Callam Martin
Richard Whittingham
Romone McCrae
Adam Cash (for Legg, 46)
Junior Kadi (for Oseyemi, 75)
Alex Kedzielski (for Kinsella, 36)
Taylor Thomas (for Boyle, 58)
Jamekl Henderson (for Berry, 62)
Daniel Morris (for Weston, 73)
Delroy Preddie
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy