Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

HYUFC Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
Weston-super-Mare 1
HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video
Hayes & Yeading earned three points from a tough encounter at Kingfield against another side looking for a place in the play-offs, Weston-super-Mare thanks to early strikes from Adam Bygrave and Tom Cadmore.

Manager Nas Bashir made three changes to the side that had come back from Dorset with a point the week previous, Calum Butcher came in for the suspended Pelé, Jamie Hand replaced the injured Mark Bentley and Jamal Lowe earned a start in place of Daniel Wishart who picked up a slight knock at Dorchester but was able to take a place on the bench.

United got off to a cracking start and were two goals to the good within fourteen minutes. The first came in the 7th minute, Jamie Hand floated a free-kick into the area, Matt Villis headed it out but only as far as Josh Ekim who played it back over the defence to Adam Bygrave at the far post who celebrated his 50th United appearance with his first goal for the club, squeezing the ball between keeper Lloyd Irish and the post (above).

Kudus Oyenuga went close with a 20 yard effort five minutes later and then just two minutes later the advantage was doubled, again sparked by a Hand dead ball kick. This time a corner from the right that saw Tom Cadmore getting to the ball first to head past Irish and the minder on the post (left).

Within minutes the Seagulls were grateful to their keeper Irish when Jamal Lowe got his head to an Oyenuga centre, the visitors stopper tipping the ball into the air, off the top of the crossbar and over for a corner that came to nothing.

As the last 15 minutes of the half arrived the Seagulls started to find some forwards progress of their own. Brandon Hall did well to parry away a low driven centre from Ross Stearn before he needed a fully outstretched leg to deny Kayne McLaggon who had burst into the area after exchanging passes with Dayle Grubb.

Minutes later Irish again had to be at his best to deny United in a move that emanated from a Hand free-kick. This time the Mansfield loanee fired the ball three quarters of the length of the pitch straight to Oyenuga, the United striker holding the ball up well before finding Sam Cox who touched it to an on-coming Cadmore who saw his shot heading for the top corner until Irish rose and tipped it away.

The Seagulls did get themselves on the scoresheet in the 38th minute when Grubb raced on to a ball straight through the middle, his attempted lob with Hall on the edge of his box saw the United keeper get a hand to the ball but this just seemed to take some of the power off it and it dropped into the net behind him.

The final seven minutes of the half really belonged to the visitors and they could, and maybe should have gone in level. Stearn neatly flicked the ball on to McLaggon on the right, he returned the ball to his teammate who managed to slide his shot wide of the far post from 12 yards out. Just as the half came to a close, a free-kick from 20 yards out saw Martyn Slocombe beat the United wall and with Hall scrambling just missed the far post.

The second half was not to see as many chances as the first as defences started to batten down the hatches, it was not without incident though as both keepers were to be called into action in the first ten minutes. First to show was Hall as the Seagulls continued in the ascendancy in the early minutes, the United stopper making a sliding block and grab at McLaggon's feet after he had been put through on goal by Ashley Kington.

Two minutes later it was the turn of Irish to ensure the scoreline didn't change. Lowe collected the ball on the right side of the Seagulls area, he pulled it back to Hand who in turn fed Oyenuga, the United top scorer's shot being pushed out by Irish before being cleared by his defence.

Hall was again in action on the hour mark as Brett Trowbridge flicked a corner goalwards, the United keeper making a one handed save before Bygrave thumped the ball to safety.

The only real openings in the final half hour both fell the way of Hayes & Yeading. Substitute Alasanne N'Diaye broke away on the right side, his chipped cross was met by a leaping Cox who then latched on to Oyenuga's return only to fire wide of the far post.

N'Diaye was again the creator of the last decent chance of the game on 81 minutes when he crossed to Ekim, the midfielder glancing his header wide of the target.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Ray Peploe.

United Man of the Match: Adam Bygrave.

Print the Teamsheet: Here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Brandon Hall
Half-Time: 2-1

Full-Time: 2-1

Referee: Mr L Wood

Attendance: 120


Hayes & Yeading United:
Bygrave (7)
Cadmore (14)

Grubb (38)
Lloyd Irish
Dan Spence
Jamie Price
Daniel Brathwaite
Martyn Slocombe
Sam Cox ©
Brett Trowbridge
Adam Bygrave
Matt Villis
Tom Cadmore
Jamie Laird
Calum Butcher
Ross Stearn
Jamie Hand
© Ben Kirk
Kudus Oyenuga
Kayne McLaggon
Josh Ekim
Ashley Kington
Jamal Lowe
Dayle Grubb
Daniel Wishart (for Oyenuga, 83)
Kane Ingram (for Kington, 78)
John Goddard (for Ekim, 90+4)
Naby Diallo
Alasanne N'Diaye (for Lowe, 69)
Chas Hemmings (for McLaggon, 66)
Kym Harris
Pete Monks
James Beasant
Manny Parry
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy