Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Havant & Waterlooville 2
Hayes & Yeading Utd
HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video
Hayes & Yeading dominated possession against ten man Havant & Waterlooville but still came away from Westleigh Park empty handed as the Hawks scored two breakaway goals in the second half to wipe out Jerome Anderson’s early opener for United.

United, with Mark Bentley coming into the starting line-up in place of suspended skipper Sam Cox, started quickly and in just the third minute Tobi Joseph worked the ball to Kudus Oyenuga, his well struck shot being well defended by a sliding block by Hawks skipper Sam Page.

The Hawks were quickly moving forwards themselves and James Beasant had to be sharp to grasp the ball at the feet of Sahr Kabba after he had been slid in by former QPR winger Christian Nanetti.

On 12 minutes the opening goal arrived courtesy of United’s Jerome Anderson, the wide man collecting a Bentley pass before moving inside and firing a powerful shot across former United keeper Clark Masters into the far corner.

Masters kept out Oyenuga minutes later and then in just the 17th minute the Hawks were reduced to ten men when Bentley beat the already cautioned Sam Pearce to the ball and as the defender sent Bentley sprawling, referee Mr O’Brien produced a second yellow card followed by the mandatory red.

Just minutes later the Hawks ten men almost pulled level when Kabba got his head to a left side cross only for the ball to go wide of the upright. The home side went even closer on the half hour mark when a Nanetti driven free-kick from fully 25 yards flew inches over Beasant’s crossbar.

Chances continued as the half drew to its conclusion. Bentley got his head to a Luke Williams corner but his effort was too high, play immediately switched ends and former Hayes & Yeading loanee Chris Arthur pumped in a deep cross that fellow full-back Ryan Woodford headed wide under great pressure from Daniel Wishart.

United ended the half still in the ascendancy though. John Goddard picked out Anderson who took a pace forwards and unleashed a 25 yard shot that Masters did well to turn around the post. Williams quickly taken corner was worked neatly to Goddard who also tried from distance, his effort clipping the post and going wide.

In stoppage time United broke as Williams found Tobi Joseph, with Anderson square and just one defender in the way it was with great frustration that Joseph fired against Page, he did get the ball back and this time picked out Anderson who tried to steer the ball into the bottom corner but Masters saved comfortably.

Hayes & Yeading, with the extra man, started the second half well and could have doubled the lead on 49 minutes when Joseph arrived unseen onto a Williams corner, his glancing header going just the wrong side of Masters post.

Unfortunately this was not to be a prelude for things to come as within 60 seconds the Hawks were level. Kabba broke at pace past Yassin Moutaouakil on the left flank, fed the ball inside to Arron Dawson who worked an opening before firing past Beasant with what appeared to be the aid of the deflection.

Just after the hour mark Masters did well to sweep up a fierce Moutaouakil effort and then minutes later it all went wrong for United as a ball into the area was well blocked by Wishart but with United having failed to clear it bounced invitingly for Steve Ramsey and he hooked the ball into the top corner to give his side the lead.

The Hawks then battened down the hatches even further and while chances kept coming for United it was not to be our day. On 72 minutes Oyenuga went on a superb run past three or more attempts to tackle him before he pulled the ball back to Anderson who did beat Masters only for the ball to come back into play off the face of the post before being cleared.

As the final ten minutes played out, two more decent chances came United’s way. Williams collected a long pass on the left, cut inside past Paul Hinshelwood and hit a low shot that a diving Masters did well to gather on his goalline. Anderson tried his luck from the edge of the box with four minutes to go, Masters palmed the ball up in the air and when Oyenuga connected with the follow up, the ball somehow dropped straight to Masters on the floor and that was effectively our last chance gone.

Report by Kevin Watts.

United Man of the Match: Luke Williams.

Havant & Waterlooville
Hayes & Yeading United
Clark Masters
Half-Time: 0-1

Full-Time: 2-1

Referee: Mr J O'Brien

Attendance: 475


Havant & waterlooville:
Dawson (50)
Ramsey (67)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Anderson (12)
James Beasant
Ryan Woodford
Yassin Moutaouakil
Chris Arthur
Daniel Wishart
Paul Hinshelwood
© Mark Bentley
Sam Page ©
Sam Pearce
Tom Cadmore
Steve Ramsey
Jerome Anderson
Arron Dawson
John Goddard
Sahr Kabba
Kudus Oyenuga
Ollie Palmer
Luke Williams
Christian Nanetti
Tobi Joseph
Ed Harris
Jay Kalama
Eddie Hutchinson (for Ramsey, 77)
Elliott Legg
Ryan Moss (for Kabba, 65)
Daryl McLean (for Wishart, 85)
Scott Jones
Dan Spence
Tony Taggart (for Palmer, 74)
Matt Ingram
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy