Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Eastleigh 3
Hayes & Yeading Utd
HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video
Hayes & Yeading fairly well matched big spending Eastleigh in possession terms but the home sides more clinical finishing was the main difference that saw all three points remain in Hampshire on Saturday afternoon.

Early chances were very hard to come by for either side, in fact the closest both sides came in the opening 20 minutes was from a free-kick apiece. The Spitfires effort came on just six minutes when United number 1 James Beasant was forced to push a 25 yard effort from Michael Green around his post. United's attempt came some fifteen minutes later when Manny Williams' effort from just outside the area just cleared the home sides goal.

Just before the half hour mark with very little in the way of goalmouth action to date, the home side took the lead. Jai Reason picked out Craig McAllister in space on the left inside the United area, Beasant did well to palm away his shot only for the ball to fall straight to Reason who rolled home from close range.

Just two minutes later United created a good opening of there own, or should I say the dancing feet of Kudus Oyenuga did. The United striker slaloming his way through the Eastleigh defence before hitting a fierce drive that cannoned off Tom Jordan into the face of teammate Osei Sankofa (who had to be replaced due to the injury received) with the ball going wide of the goal.

As the break approached, Oyenuga picked out Manny Williams at the far post but his volley was deflected wide by a well placed defensive interception and then in stoppage time Daniel Wishart cut in from the left along the bye-line and picked out Luke Williams, Spitfires keeper Jack Dovey denying United a leveler with an outstretched boot.

It was a surprise to many United supporters that James Beasant came out for the second half after a lengthy spell of treatment in the first period, his discomfort being somewhat visible thereafter.

The first chance of the second half, as with the first, came from a Green free-kick, this time the shot flicking off the wall and just clearing Beasant's goal. Seconds later a ball through the middle sent Tobi Joseph through, he was however unable to shrug off the attentions of veteran defender Tom Jordan and could only find the side netting with his shot.

Nine minutes into the half Oyenuga cut into the box from his left sided role and fired through a crowd of players, the shot being blocked inside the Spitfires six yard box before being played to safety by the home side.

Home skipper Glen Southam was only a fraction away from doubling his sides lead on 65 minutes. Reason laying the ball off to Damian Scannell on the right, the wide man's pull back to Southam seeing the midfielder set himself before hitting a curling shot that was only inches wide of Beasant's far post.

The second for the home side was only four minutes away though. McAllister and Reason combining on the edge of the area to create another opening for Southam, this time he made no mistake, beating Beasant low into the corner of the United net.

Seconds later Joseph chased down a weak backpass, blocking Dovey's kick only for the ball to stay with the keeper who managed to clear at the second attempt, this just about summed up the roll of the ball for United in this game. Joseph was to get his name on the scoresheet in the 84th minute, substitute Jerome Anderson recovered the ball that he had lost on the right and despite being pulled down inside the area he managed to get the ball across and with referee Mr Hair allowing the advantage, Joseph fired into the bottom corner from inside the area.

United could have been level almost instantly as Oyenuga played in Wishart on the left but after a touch to create room for a shot, the angle proved too acute and the side netting was again hit.

The game was finally put to bed by the home side a minute from time when a throughball to Reason saw Beasant hesitate, probably due to the previously mentioned injury, and the former Braintree man chipped the ball over him into the United net.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Ray Peploe.

United Man of the Match: Tobi Joseph.

Hayes & Yeading United
Jack Dovey
Half-Time: 1-0

Full-Time: 3-1

Referee: Mr N Hair

Attendance: 577


Reason (29 & 89)
Southam (69)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Joseph (84)
James Beasant
Osei Sankofa
Dan Spence
Michael Green
Daniel Wishart
Mark Hughes
© Sam Cox
Tom Jordan
Calum Butcher
Andy Forbes
John Goddard
Damian Scannell
Glen Southam ©
Tobi Joseph
Craig McAllister
Kudus Oyenuga
Jai Reason
Luke Williams
Dale Binns
Manny Williams
Marvin Williams (for Scannell, 66)
Josh Ekim
Mitchell Nelson (for Sankofa, 35)
Ryan O'Toole (for Goddard, 78)
Leigh Mills
Jerome Anderson (for M Williams, 68)
Gary Elphick
Mark Bentley
Moses Ademola
Brandon Hall
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy