Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

1st Team Match Report

Chelmsford City 6
Hayes & Yeading Utd 2
HYUFC TV - Watch the highlights of this match here courtesy of FC Video
Ten man Hayes & Yeading succumbed to a second half onslaught from the home side who you would barely believe played for 84 minutes with midfielder Anthony Cook in goal after keeper Stuart Searle was stretchered off after a 6th minute collision with Pelé.

The home went close in just the second minute when a free-kick from aside the right hand corner flag caused a scramble inside the six yard box with the Clarets skipper Kenny Clark poking a shot that was swallowed up by Brandon Hall in the United goal.

Minutes later a half cleared United attack saw Pelé slide in for the ball against veteran home stopper Stuart Searle, the keeper leaving the field on a stretcher and subsequently departing Melbourne Park in an ambulance after lengthy treatment on the field, all at United obviously wish Stuart a speedy recovery. However, with no back-up keeper on the home bench, it was down to midfielder Anthony Cook to take the gloves.

Almost immediately after the re-start the home side had a golden chance to open the scoring as Omer Riza latched onto a weak back-pass, drew Hall to him and tried to gift a chance to Jamie Slabber only for Adam Bygrave to clear the ball away from the open net inside his own 6 yard box.

The respite didn't last too long though as Chelmsford took a 24th minute lead. Aiden Palmer crossed deep from the left, Riza connected sweetly on the volley at the far post and when his effort came back off the face of the crossbar Slabber was on hand to volley into a vacant net.

United were soon back on level terms though as a Jamie Hand corner was handled in the area and referee Harris pointed straight to the penalty spot. In the absence of regular taker Kudus Oyenuga, Hand himself stepped up and fired home from 12 yards.

Three minutes later John Goddard tested stand in keeper Cook from 25 yards, the Clarets man easily plucking his shot out of the air.

In the 40th minute United fell behind again to another soft penalty as a lofted ball was allowed to bounce in the box, referee Harris determined that a Clarets player was held down and again pointed to the spot from where Slabber made no mistake to grab his second of the game.

Things got worse for Nas Bashir's side deep into first half stoppage time when an already cautioned Hand picked up a second yellow card and the visitors were left to play the second half with ten men.

It was then then ten men of United that were to have the first strike at goal of the second period as Alasanne N'Diaye broke between two defenders and hit a shot across Cook's goal that was gathered diving left as if he'd played the position all his life.

Minutes later it could have and maybe should have been three for the home side as Hall missed his punch as a corner swung in and Max Cornhill headed wide at the far post.

Cook then did well to get down to another Goddard shot from distance before launching the ball upfield to where Kyle Vassell was given space to run onto the bouncing ball, he lofted it over the on-coming Hall before tapping it into the empty net with the United defence missing in action.

Two minutes later Cook made his best save of the game to deny Luke Williams, the United midfielder advancing onto a N'Diaye flick only to be denied by Cook who was quickly off his line to push the ball away to safety. In the next few minutes panic seemed to really set in for United at the back. Hall did well to block at the feet of substitute Rob Edmans and then Bygrave was again needed to clear off the line, again from an Edmans effort.

In the 70th minute it was three for Slabber and four for the Clarets as Riza was given all the space in the world on the right side and he crossed deep to an arriving Slabber who kneed the ball into the the net to complete his hat-trick.

Ten minutes from time it was five though, and two minutes later six that passed a United side that appeared to be in total disarray. A cross from the right fell nicely to Riza in the six yard box, Hall pulled off a superb one handed save to deny him only for Vassell to thump the rebound home from close range. Number 6 soon found its way past Hall as a throughball found Riza who this time made no mistake, smashing the ball past Hall from inside the area.

Two minutes from time Hayes & Yeading got a consolation they scantly deserved, N'Diaye made space for a shot that Cook did well to push out but Daniel Brathwaite was on hand to prod the ball home and the game finished as United's biggest ever Conference South defeat

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Ray Peploe.

United Man of the Match:

Chelmsford City
Hayes & Yeading United
Stuart Searle
Half-Time: 2-1

Full-Time: 6-2

Referee: Mr P Harris

Attendance: 747


Chelmsford City:
Slabber (24, 40 pen & 70)
Vassell (64 & 80)
Riza (82)

Hayes & Yeading United:
Hand (30 pen)
Brathwaite (88)
Brandon Hall
Justin Miller
Dan Spence
Aiden Palmer
Daniel Brathwaite
Mark Haines
© Sam Cox
Kenny Clark ©
Kyle Vassell
Adam Bygrave
Anthony Cook
Jamie Hand
David Bridges
John Goddard
Jamie Slabber
Alasanne N'Diaye
Max Cornhill
Luke Williams
Omer Riza
Daniel Wishart
Rob Edmans (for Slabber, 73)
Kudus Oyenuga (for Wishart, 67)
Bradley Hamilton (for Miller, 57)
Mark Bentley
Craig Parker
Tom Cadmore
David Rainford
Calum Butcher
Donovan Simmonds (for Searle, 12)
James Beasant
Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table

Powered by FcTables.com
iZedIT Computer Solutions Terms & Conditions Privacy Policy