Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

Hayes & Yeading United 1
Barrow AFC 1

Hayes & Yeading United gained a hard earned point at Kingfield on Saturday as a first strike for the Club from striker turned left-back Daniel Wishart cancelled out an earlier strike from Barrow's Jack Mackreth.

This games' United debutant's were to be former Charlton full-back Yassin Moutaouakil who came into the side for Sam Argent and the second debutant was midfielder Ben Gladwin who signed at the start of the season but has been away on dual registration with Burnham and he came on as a late substitute for Ryan Crockford.

Hayes & Yeading started the game well and after just five minutes Daniel Wishart fed the ball to Luke Williams who skipped past Andy Ferrell's challenge and hit a 20 yard shot that Barrow keeper Shaun Pearson did well to push around the post. The resultant corner, taken by Louie Soares was headed out as far as Williams who lofted it back to the far post where Tom Cadmore brought the ball down well but his attempted lob was caught at a stretch by Pearson.

With 17 minutes played, skipper Curtis Ujah was caught in possession in the United area by Adam Boyes who worked space for a shot and tried to go back across the grain only to see his shot go inches wide of James Beasant's upright.

Two minutes later a free-kick from around the 20 yard mark was fired in by Cadmore, a deflection off the wall seeing the ball fly agonisingly wide of the Barrow goal. Minutes later a long ball upfield from the Barrow defence saw Jack Mackreth take possession inside the United area, he quickly shifted the ball to create an opening and duly fired his side ahead, beating Beasant just inside the near post.

Buoyed by the goal, Barrow started to put Beasant's goal under more pressure. Boyes broke away on the left before cutting the ball back to the on-coming Andy Cook who tried to side foot a shot towards the bottom corner but his effort was wide of the far post. Seconds later United were again on the back-foot as Mackreth collected a long ball once again, this time Wishart did well to force him wide but he still managed to find James Owen but his shot was held by Beasant.

United started to push upfield themselves, Soares burst into the box was thwarted when Danny Hone blocked his shot and then with just four minutes to the break, United equalised. Having gained a free-kick to the right, Wishart stepped up and fired a low shot that beat Pearson and hit the inside of the Barrow upright before nestling neatly in the opposite side of the net.

First chance after the break went to the visitors when a weak Beasant goal kick was immediately returned into the path of Boyes, the United keeper doing well to spread himself to block away the Barrow striker's drive. Minutes later Beasant was again in action, this time holding onto a Mackreth shot as the dangerous wide man had cut into the United box from the right.

Just after the hour mark a fine passing move down the left side by Hayes & Yeading saw Pierre Joseph-Dubois feed Crockford who in turn helped the ball into the run of Williams, the United midfielder firing a low centre that keeper Pearson spilled into open play and he was grateful to his skipper Phil Bolland who was on hand to hack the ball clear.

Just fifteen minutes remained and another chance presented itself to the home side. Debutant Yassin Moutaouakil crossed from the right, Williams flicked the ball on the Crockford who saw his first effort well blocked by Hone and when the ball came straight back to him his follow up effort was wide of the target.

Two minutes later United had a real let off when Cook's shot was blocked to Paul Rutherford, his effort then came off the inside of the upright and went along the line before Cadmore hacked it clear, thankfully for Nas Bashir's side the referee's assistant said it had not crossed the line and play continued, despite the vociferous protests of the Barrow players and management alike.

With both sides hoping for a winner but neither keeper called into real action, the game remained at deadlock although the visitors maybe should have done better a minute from time when Cook was picked out in the centre by Mackreth but he could not keep his header down and it went over off the top of Beasant's crossbar.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Photos by Ray Peploe.

United Man of the Match: Tom Cadmore.

Highlights courtesy of FC Video here.

Hayes & Yeading United
Barrow AFC
James Beasant
Half-Time: 1-1

Full-Time: 1-1

Referee: Mr D Ford

Attendance: 313


Hayes & Yeading United:
Wishart (41)

Barrow AFC:
Mackreth (23)
Shaun Pearson
Yassin Moutaouakil
Gavin Skelton
Tom Cadmore
© Phil Bolland
Louie Soares
Paul Rutherford
Ryan Crockford
Andy Cook
Pierre Joseph-Dubois
Andy Ferrell
Luke Williams
Adam Boyes
Daniel Wishart
James Owen
Dwane Lee
Jack Mackreth
Curtis Ujah ©
Kelvin Lomax
Tom Collins
Danny Hone
Corey Gameiro (for Soares, 73)
Danny Hurst
Mo Bettamer (for Collins, 81)
Richie Baker (for Ferrell, 66)
Ben Gladwin (for Crockford, 85)
Paul Smith
Delroy Preddie
Louis Almond (for Boyes, 66)
Callum Morris
Dominic Rowe