Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

North Greenford United 1
Hayes & Yeading United
Half-Time: 1-3 Referee: Mr M Sennett

Hayes & Yeading United cruised through to the 2nd Qualifying Round of the FA Youth Cup following a 6-1 demolition of North Greenford United, although they were helped somewhat by getting the rub of the green.

After Mitchell Dunstall’s long shot was dragged just wide in the second minute, the game started rather slowly. Charlie Wassmer headed just wide from a corner and Jake Lovell dragged his shot well wide after a sublime pass by Nathan Webb put him in. However, on 24 minutes, Hayes & Yeading took the lead when Daniel Wishart got on the end of Josh Andrew’s cross, and although keeper Shaun Roberts blocked his powerful header, he followed up to tap home the rebound.

The game swung heavily in United’s favour in controversial circumstances before half time. When Abdi Hamadi’s free kick was contested by Jake Lovell and Jack Hoph, referee Mark Sennett stopped play and pointed to the penalty spot although it was unclear as to what infringement had taken place. Roberts was clearly upset by this decision and was sent off for the manner of his protests.

Sub Kaine Masny was brought on in goal and his first job was to pick Abdula Nsubuga’s penalty out of the net.

Just two minutes later, the hosts’ task was made even harder when Harry Healey picked up his second booking for a late challenge on Nsubuga and was also dismissed.

Minutes later, Lovell hit a classy free kick into the top corner before Hadleigh McCullogh was sent clear to apply a low finish and bring nine man North Greenford back into the game just before half time.

However, despite a strong appeal for a penalty from the home side early on, and an Alex Craig free kick which Simon Grant did well to tip over, the second half was one way traffic as Hayes and Yeading pressed home their two man advantage.

Lovell got his second from Nathan Webb’s cut back and soon afterwards, he completed his hat-trick after being sent clear by substitute Jake Edmunds.

Minutes later Mark Goodman cut in from the right and scored a cracker with his left foot from long range to pour more misery on the home side and late chances for Lovell and Goodman and a speculative long shot from Nsubuga went close to increasing the lead further before the end.

Report by Nick Bell.

Website United Man of the Match: Jake Lovell.

North Greenford United Hayes & Yeading United
1 Shaun Roberts   1 Simon Grant  
2 Alex Craig   2 Nathan Webb  
3 Ryan Phillips   3 Reece Fleary  
4 Jeffrey O'Sullivan   4 Charlie Wassmer  
5 Jack Hoph   5 Abdi Hamadi  
6 Daniel Busterfield   6 Abdula Nsubuga Captain
7 Harry Healey   7 Mark Goodman  
8 Luke Gray   8 Mitchell Dunstall  
9 Charlie Barker   9 Jake Lovell  
10 Oliver Hawkes   10 Daniel Wishart  
11 Hadleigh McCullogh   11 Josh Andrew  
12 Daniel Walker   12 Jake Edmunds for 8 (59)
13 Kaine Mansy for 3 (39) 14 Ashley Barnes for 4 (77)
14 Benjamin Anderson for 9 (46) 15 James King for 5 (66)
15 Matthew Flynn   16 -  
16 Jamie Eaver for 8 (59) 21 Rourke Pickford  

McCullogh (45+3

Wishart (24), Nsubuga (39 pen),
Lovell (45, 56, 63), Goodman (67)