Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

Hayes & Yeading United 2
Hampton & Richmond B.
Half-Time: 1-0 Referee: Mr M Mortazavi Attendance: 65

A goal in each half earned Hayes & Yeading United a home tie against Ashford Town (Middlesex) in the next round of the F. A. Youth Cup.

Things started rather shakily for United as Hampton & Richmond looked very sharp early on. Pacy striker Liam Camis burst through the defensive line and beat the onrushing Simon Grant to the ball but put his lob over the bar from an acute angle.

United responded soon afterwards. From a Nathan Webb throw in, Jake Lovell burst into the penalty area and hit a low shot which deflected wide of Joe Talbot’s legs.

Hampton had another great chance to open the scoring in the tenth minute when Charlie Pyle put Camis through again but Grant did well to block his shot.

After that scare, United were able to assert their authority on the game. Brice Boyer burst forward from midfield but shot straight at Talbot. Then a quick Abdula Nsubuga free kick put Josh Andrew clear but his shot was charged down by Talbot.

The deserved lead came six minutes before half time when Reece Fleary and Andrew combined to send Lovell through on goal and although Talbot managed to half smother his shot, Lovell ran beyond him to walk the ball into the empty net.

The second half started slowly, although Lovell forced Talbot into a save from Barnes’s lay off and James Wheeler hit a free kick for Borough just over Grant’s cross bar.

United seemed very comfortable despite their narrow advantage. Daniel Wishart’s cross rant hroguh to Barnes whose cut back into Lovell’s path allowed the forward to shoot, but again Talbot blocked.

On 75 minutes, United scored the important second goal. Wishart’s corner was only half dealt with by the visiting defence and Charlie Wassmer was lurking on the edge of the area to lash the ball home through the crowded penalty area.

United still strode forwards and Lovell evaded two challenges but having done so, his weak shot was blocked by Talbot. Then Boyer flicked on another Wishart corner and the ball bounced out to Wassmer in the exact same position that he scored from, only this time he skied his shot.

And in stoppage time Joakim Ehui’s incisive pass down the right to Andrew started the move of the match as Andrew’s pinpoint cross was volleyed by Wishart inches wide.

Report by Nick Bell.

Website United Man of the Match: Charlie Wassmer.

Hayes & Yeading United Hampton & Richmond Borough
1 Simon Grant   1 Joe Talbot  
2 Nathan Webb   2 Jack Grinstead  
3 Reece Fleary   3 Abu Rayhan  
4 Charlie Wassmer   4 Charlie Pyle  
5 Abdi Hamadi   5 Dean Inman  
6 Abdula Nsubuga   6 Robert Curtis  
7 Ashley Barnes   7 Tom Kanek  
8 Brice Boyer   8 Jordan Waller  
9 Jake Lovell   9 Liam Carnis  
10 Daniel Wishart   10 Spencer Wakeman  
11 Josh Andrew   11 James Wheeler  
12 Mark Goodman   12 Josh Hill for 4 (68)
14 Joakim Ehui for 7 (78) 14 Jack Whitby for 7 (80)
15 James King for 5 (46) 15 Sohiel Terhani for 11 (78)
21 Rourke Pickford   17 Alex Williams  
Lovell (39), Wassmer (75).
Taylor (56).