Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

Hayes & Yeading United 12
Buckingham Athletic
Half-Time: 6-0 Referee: Mr S Podsadny

It was to be the perfect dozen for United's under 18s as they dismissed Buckingham Athletic from the Allied Counties League Cup at Church Road this evening, despite manager Simon East resting four regular starters.

The 13th minute was to prove unlucky for skipper Charlie Wassmer who saw his stooping header touched against the post by an excellent defensive header by Harold Agyeman-Prempa, the opening goal was only two minutes away though when Brice Boyer latched onto a loose ball 30 yards from goal and sent an unstoppable drive into the top corner of the Buckingham net.

As United continued with the one way traffic, Joakim Ehui saw a shot go inches wide off defender Ali Shaw while Wassmer again went close, this time his header was pushed wide by keeper Joe Dann. The second was only moments away though as Daniel Wishart rose to head an Ehui cross powerfully into the bottom corner.

Wishart then saw a shot go over off the top of the crossbar before the same player skipped past his marker on the left and found Josh Andrew in the centre and he made no mistake from ten yards to make it 3-0. Wishart was soon to hit number four after being picked out from distance by Wassmer, the striker entered the area and fired home off Dann from an acute angle.

A minute later it was five as Andrew found Ehui just inside the area and his shot took a wicked deflection that again gave Dann no chance. Another came in the final minute of the half when Andrew raced away on the right before pulling the ball back to Ehui who rifled a shot into the top corner. Stoppage time saw a first real forward move from the visitors when Nkutita, Olarewajo and Goodlake combined nicely to set up Poisek but his shot from 18 yards was just a little too high.

The 56th minute brought goal number seven, Nathan Webb made space on the right before playing the ball across to Mark Goodman who had the simple task of tapping past the totally unprotected Dann. Abdula Nsubuga went close on 71 minutes when he rose highest to a Wishart corner only for his header to crash back off the crossbar. Just minutes later top scorer Jake Lovell was played clean through by a prefect Boyer pass, the striker in rounding Dann was brought down and a penalty duly awarded, sadly referee Podsadny had no option but to show the keeper a red card also.

Lovell himself stepped up to take the kick which was to be the first in a fourteen minute hat-trick. Four minutes from the end Lovell netted his second when Webb beat off two challenges before setting up the striker who saw his shot go in off the far post. Two minutes later it was a hat-trick and goal number ten when Lovell latched onto a neat pass to slot home.

Within thirty seconds the ball was in the Buckingham net again as United showed little mercy. This time Lovell was the provider as he set up Andrew to net his second of the evening. The goalscoring ended as it had started via the boot of French midfielder Boyer who once again fired home from outside the area to cap an excellent all round United performance.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Website United Man of the Match: Brice Boyer.

Hayes & Yeading United Buckingham Athletic
1 Alex Tokarczyk   1 Joe Dann  
2 Nathan Webb   2 Matthew Ogle  
3 Reece Fleary   3 Harold Agyeman-Prempa  
4 Charlie Wassmer Captain 4 Ben Curley  
5 Abdi Hamadi   5 Ali Shaw  
6 Brice Boyer   6 Ike Walton  
7 Mark Goodman   7 Franky Tarrant Captain
8 Mitchell Dunstall   8 Lunga Nkutita  
9 Joakim Ehui   9 Hafeez Olarewajo  
10 Daniel Wishart   10 Adam Poisek  
11 Josh Andrew   11 Peter Stanford  
12 Jake Lovell for 4 (61) 12 Zakaria Adow for 10 (66)
14 Abdula Nsubuga for 8 (46) 14 Curtis Goodlake for 11 (10)
15 James King for 5 (46) 15 Reece Goodfellow for 4 (57)
16 Ashley Barnes   16 -  
21 Rourke Pickford   17 -  
Boyer (15, 90+2), Wishart (21, 35),
Andrew (30, 88), Ehui (38, 45), Goodman (56),
Lovell (75 pen, 86, 88).
Taylor (56).