Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

Hayes & Yeading United 5
Bisley Sports
Half-Time: 2-0 Referee: Mr B Lynch

A second four goal victory in five days saw Hayes & Yeading United reach the summit of the Allied Counties Premier at Church Road this evening as Bisley Sports were well beaten.

United announced their intentions early in the game and were soon ahead. Jake Lovell had seen a shot go just wide of the upright before Daniel Wishart raced away on the left and cut the ball back to Ashley Barnes who showed great technique to fire into the top corner from the edge of the area giving Sports keeper Ashley Scott no chance. Just over ten minutes later the lead was doubled as the visiting keeper got his body behind a powerful Lovell drive but spilled the ball over the line into the net.

Minutes later Bisley almost got themselves back in the game, United keeper Simon Grant went to collect a cross but was beaten to the ball by Alex Carr, the United though was brave to dive onto the ball just as Scott Brookes looked set to blast it into the net.

United moved forwards immediately looking for more, Barnes played Josh Andrew in but his shot came back off the face of the post and then Scott did well to dive and grab a Charlie Wassmer header. Scott was then called upon again, this time denying Andrew and in the final minute of the half Bisley went close when Joe Quigley tried his luck from 20 yards, just missing the target. Into stoppage time and Wassmer would have breathed a sigh of relief when he sliced a Lewis Brown cross right across the face of his own goal.

Bisley were quickest out of the blocks in the second half and after just four minutes the deficit was reduced when a right wing cross was volleyed past Grant by Brown from ten yards out.

Scott again denied Wishart and minutes later at the other end the visitors were inches away from pulling level when Arran Walmsley played the ball neatly into the run of Brookes but he fired wide with just Grant to beat.

Three United goals in the space of 13 minutes were to end the game as a contest. On the hour mark a kick out by Scott was headed straight back by James King, Andrew held off the challenge of Alex Luis before racing ahead and beating Scott. Next to find the net was Wassmer who powerfully met a Wishart corner and this was followed shortly afterwards by Lovell netting his second when a cross was deflected into his path and he coolly turned and beat Scott from 5 yards.

As the game played to its conclusion there was only one side who was going to add to the score, this did not happen but a few noteworthy chances came our way. Wassmer was inches over with a drive from 35 yards and Lovell saw a shot for yet another hat-trick blocked wide by Luis. Now into the final ten minutes, Abdula Nsubuga drew a superb tip over from Scott with a 30 yard free-kick and in the final minute substitute Daniel Blackwood received the ball from Nsubuga but was just off target.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Website United Man of the Match: James King.

Hayes & Yeading United Bisley Sports
1 Simon Grant   1 Ashley Scott  
2 Nathan Webb   2 Tom Woods  
3 Reece Fleary   3 Joe Quigley  
4 Charlie Wassmer   4 Lee Lucas  
5 James King   5 Arran Walmsley  
6 Abdula Nsubuga Captain 6 Alex Luis Captain
7 Ashley Barnes   7 James Lumley  
8 Joakim Ehui   8 Joe Cumner  
9 Jake Lovell   9 Alex Carr  
10 Daniel Wishart   10 Scott Brookes  
11 Josh Andrew   11 Lewis Brown  
12 Mark Goodman for 10 (74) 12 Dan Gray for 2 (67)
14 Jack Todd for 8 (80) 16 Jamie Hills for 4 (86)
15 Daniel Blackwood for 9 (80) 17 Reece Jacques for 9 (56)
Barnes (7), Lovell (18, 73),
Andrew (60), Wassmer (70).
Brown (49).