Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

Hayes & Yeading United 10
Windsor & Eton
Half-Time: 2-0 Referee: Mr S Symonds

An awesome second half performance from Colin Davis' side saw United hit eight goals to add to the two from the first half to well and truly knock the stuffing out of Windsor & Eton at The Warren this evening.

United started at a good pace and took the lead with just six minutes played. Esmond James raced away from his own half and despite running into a defender still managed to edge the ball to Jake Lovell whose far post cross was crashed home on the half volley by Andre Costa.

The second was not to come until just after the half time mark, before this though Costa had met another Lovell cross only this time his header went wide off the upright, while a rare Windsor attack saw Aaron Howe easily pluck a George Martin shot out of the air unchallenged. On 33 minutes the lead was indeed doubled, Costa raced up the left flank before firing across the six yard box where a sliding Scott Orphanou forced the ball past former Maidenhead keeper Chico Ramos.

A three minute spell in the last ten minutes of the half saw Ramos push a Lovell shot around the post, Costa fire fractionally wide and a fine defensive interception from Tom Hartridge again foiled Lovell as his effort was touched wide by the defender.

With a 2-0 half time lead one could not imagine the carnage that Costa and James were going to cause from the flanks in the second half, this even continuing when James was replaced by Josh Andrew. In fact it took just 17 seconds of the second half for Orphanou to bag his second when he latched onto a perfect Aga Briandt throughball before beating Ramos.

Minutes later Costa saw a shot pushed around the post by Ramos before Mo Dikuiza won the ball and found Lovell on the edge of the area, he in turn slipped it to Dan Mehmet who calmly beat Ramos from close range. Six minutes later Orphanou completed his hat-trick when his slid home yet another Costa cross from close range.

Still the goals flowed, on 63 minutes James raced into the box from the right, his shot was blocked by a defender but fell to an unmarked Costa who lofted a precise chip over the out of position Ramos for United's sixth of the evening. The seventh came nine minutes later when substitute Josh Andrew showed his marker a clean pair of heals on the right before playing the ball back neatly to Mehmet who netted his second of the game.

Goals eight, nine and ten came in a five minute spell from the 78th minute. Number eight yet again came from a Costa centre when Joao Pedro da Silva rose at the far post to head home. Skipper Peter Collins then sprayed the ball wide to Costa from halfway and the young winger danced his way past two defenders before firing to the far post where Orphanou finished emphatically. What was to be the tenth and final strike came on 83 minutes when Orphanou and Costa combined to send da Silva through and the young Brazilian rounded Ramos to fire United to double figures.

It could indeed have been eleven when da Silva was upended in the area by Ramos in the final minute but I think referee Mr Symonds showed the visitors some compassion and played on before blowing the final whistle.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Website United Man of the Match: Andre Costa.

Hayes & Yeading United Windsor & Eton
1 Aaron Howe   1 Chico Ramos  
2 Jamie Lindsay   2 Robert Jones  
3 Aga Briandt   3 Mark Lines  
4 Mohammed Dikuiza   4 Craig Bartlett Captain
5 Charlie Wassmer   5 Tom Hartridge  
6 Peter Collins Captain 6 Terry O'Connor  
7 Esmond James   7 Chris Cahill  
8 Dan Mehmet   8 Josh Reynolds  
9 Scott Orphanou   9 Tom Shone  
10 Jake Lovell   10 George Martin  
11 Andre Costa   11 Bruce Wilson  
12 Jamie Di Giuseppe   12 Paulo Cicero for 8 (73)
14 Josh Andrew for 7 (64) 14 Ben Wall for 2 (46)
15 Abdula Nsubuga for 2 (79) 15 Sam Mudge for 11 (79)
16 Joao Pedro da Silva for 10 (59) 16 -  
Costa (6, 63), Orphanou (33, 46, 59, 82),
Mehmet (53, 72), Da Silva (78, 83).
Molesse (82 pen).