Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

Hayes & Yeading United 0
Staines Town
Half-Time: 0-2 Referee: Mr R Pardoe

A United side including Nevin Saroya and Steve Perkins on the injury comeback trail found themselves well beaten by Staines Town on Wednesday evening thanks in the main to the clinical finishing of Marc Charles-Smith and the impenetrable force that was Swans keeper Danny Fisher.

Fisher was called on very on early on to palm away a Staforde Palmer effort while at the other end Simon grant did well to block with his legs as Luke Elliott moved in on goal. Kieran Preddie then saw a dipping effort from distance drop over Grant's crossbar while a similar effort from Saroya for United had the same result.

A cheeky Palmer backheel then set up Ollie Fayed only for Fisher to push his drive away to safety before Preddie again went close for the Swans. A rare Fisher error saw him fumble a Palmer drive but he made amends in a split second by pushing the follow up by Joao Pedro Silva around the post. Four minutes later United fell behind, the usually dependable Aga Briandt slipped in possession which allowed Charles-Smith to hit a shot that beat Grant at the near post.

Briandt was again caught with the ball minutes later and the Swans were only denied a second when Dean Fenton's strike went wide off the upright. As the half drew to its conclusion, Silva saw a powerful drive pushed away by Fisher and then in stoppage time the United defence got itself all in a tizzy and Charles-Smith waltzed the ball around the diving Grant and rolled it home to double the Swans advantage at the break.

The second half did not improve for United as the pace and incisiveness of the Swans attack was to bring them two further goals to round off victory. One of the best United moves of the game saw Silva break forwards from his own half before sending the ball right to Malakai Bulley who crossed to the near post where Palmer slid in but could not divert the ball into the net. Bulley then picked up the ball after a Palmer - Perkins combination and finally beat Fisher only to be denied by the post.

Just before the hour mark a needless free-kick was conceded just outside the area which Preddie smashed past the wall and into the centre of the net just inches from Grant's head much to the keepers obvious annoyance. Preddie nearly netted again when he tried a delicate lob over the advancing Grant but was wide before a long ball down the left flank, that appeared to leave the pitch in flight, was picked up by Charles-Smith who moved past Briandt and fired just inside the post to round off a comprehensive Swans victory.

Report by Kevin Watts.

Website United Man of the Match: Malakai Bulley.

Hayes & Yeading United Staines Town
1 Simon Grant   1 Danny Fisher  
2 Ray Curtis   2 Ben Nicholson  
3 Peter Collins   3 Marvin Farrell  
4 Steve Perkins   4 Luke Elliott  
5 Nevin Saroya Captain 5 Jon McDonald Captain
6 Aga Briandt   6 L Roodenburg  
7 Malakai Bulley   7 Dean Fenton  
8 Ollie Fayed   8 Clement James  
9 Joao Pedro Silva   9 Kieran Preddie  
10 Staforde Palmer   10 Marc Charles-Smith  
11 Will Joseph   11 Lewis Cook  
12 Jake Lovell for 2 (70) 12 Kieran Kiffin for 10 (86)
14 Dan Mehmet for 11 (64) 14 A Gilbert for 3 (72)
15 Mohammed Dikuiza for 4 (60) 15 Ashley Lodge for 8 (86)
16 Jamie Lindsay   16 R Kimfargo  
17 Jamie Di Giuseppe   17 James McShane  

Charles-Smith (33, 45+1, 78), Preddie (58).