Hayes & Yeading United Football Club

Click Here to go back to the previous page

Hayes & Yeading United 3
North Greenford United 0

Hayes & Yeading United closed their Allied Counties League Premier Division campaign by claiming second place with a comprehensive win over North Greenford United.

The visitors, who were already relegated, found the going tough for long periods and only five minutes were on the clock when Dominic McAuley’s near post corner was flicked goalwards by Josh Andrew and although Warrington kept his shot out, Jake Lovell was on hand to head home the loose ball.

Woods shot just wide for the away side after a neat one two with Andreev, but Lovell was soon testing Warrington again with a low shot which the keeper smothered at the second attempt.

The impressive Warrington caught a long range volley by Hasib Saeed and dived to block Lovell’s shot from the edge of the area but the visitors did show some signs of attacking intent when Andreev’s cross was headed away by Jamie Lindsay only for Hogan to unleash a cracking volley which flew just wide of the upright.

Daniel Mehmet had a header from McAuley’s corner ruled out for a push but he didn’t have to wait long for his goal as he raced through and planted the ball past Warrington to double Hayes & Yeading’s lead.

The second half followed a similar pattern with the away side barely containing the hosts’ attacking prowess. Andrew shot into the side netting and from another McAuley corner, Warrington did well to block Lovell’s snapshot.

Daniel Wishart came on for Mehmet when he couldn’t stop the bleeding from a head wound and the young substitute soon made an impact, using great skill and pace to burst clear before Warrington smothered his shot. Almost immediately, fellow substitute Mohammed Bashley raced clear and rounded Warrington but he ran out of room and squared for Wishart. However, Warrington was able to recover and get a block on Wishart’s shot.

At this point it was like the Alamo and just a minute later, Lovell burst through and tapped the ball past Warrington to make it 3-0.

Warrington again kept the score down just three minutes later when Lovell got through and cut the ball back to Wishart but his fierce shot was blocked by the keeper’s legs.

Matthew Faley kept a clean sheet thanks to a fine flying save from Woods after Lukeman’s long free kick caught the home defence cold but Hayes & Yeading were soon threatening to score again as Andrew got to the byeline and cut the ball back to Lovell who fired just over.

Defender Ray Curtis even got in on the action firing just over from a tight angle after Warrington had parried Lovell’s initial effort.

And although Gachigi cleared Lovell’s scuffed effort off the line, the home side were more than happy to confirm the runners up spot in the league with a 3-0 victory.

Report by Nick Bell.
United Line-up: Matthew Faley, Ray Curtis, Nathan Webb, Jamie Lindsay, Aga Brianidt, Hasib Saeed, Dominic McAuley (Mohammed Bashley), Ollie Fayed (Abdula Nsubuga), Dan Mehmet (Daniel Wishart), Jake Lovell, Josh Andrew. Subs not used: Charlie Wassmer, Ashley Barnes.
Lovell (5, 69), Mehmet (38).
Finnegan (6).