Hayes & Yeading United


A-Z of ... Hayes FC

*** M ***

Attacking midfielder Charlie Mapes progressed through the junior ranks at Tottenham and then had trials at Norwich City, Cardiff City and Yeovil Town. He briefly made the first team at Harrow Borough in October 2001 then moved north to either Greenock Morton or Ayr United (depending on which website you believe). After short spells at Edgware Town (January 2002), Wealdstone (August 2002) and Berkhamstead Town (February 2003) he linked up with Wycombe Wanderers in April 2003 and stayed for the entire 2003-04 season. He spent 2004-05 at Crawley Town, spending the final two months of that season on loan at Canvey Island, but returned to Crawley to help them to Sussex Senior Cup Final glory. He spent most of the 2005-06 season at the Warren, making 20 starts, 6 substitute appearances and scoring a single goal, before going on loan to Hendon in March 2006.  Later that year he transferred to Hemel Hempstead Town, then Barton Rovers, from where he went to Hayes and Yeading United under dual registration in November 2007. He moved to Hendon in for the 2008-09 season.

Goalkeeper James McArthur made just four appearances for Yeading in the 2004-05 season.

Ryan McIntosh was a midfielder who started his career as a schoolboy at Queens Park Rangers, where he was thought of as something of a dead-ball specialist. Ryan linked up with Yeading in pre-season 2001, making an immediate impact with a goal in each of his first two games. His record from 2002 shows just 3 appearances.

Six starts and four substitute appearances in the 2003-04 season appears to be the total for Bruno Mendonca in a Yeading shirt.

Striker Matt Miller started his career at Hampton & Richmond Borough and signed for Yeading in the summer of 2001. He made an immediate impact, winning the coveted Player’s Player Trophy in his first season. Matt made 41 starts in the 2002-03 season.

Jonathan Mills was a skillful wide player who spent his formative years at Grimsby Town. He first played for Bedford Town and moved to Buckingham Town in August 2001. He arrived at Yeading on transfer deadline day March 2002 making 20 starts in the rest of the 2002-03 season.

Hard working striker Marvin Morgan signed for Yeading at the start of November 2004 for a small fee from neighbours Wealdstone where he had progressed rapidly from the youth ranks to a regular first team place, including a couple of loan spells at Berkhamsted Town. He attracted lots of attention from professional clubs and his signing was regarded as a major coup for Yeading. He made his Yeading debut at home to Croydon in the FA Trophy. Highlights of his Yeading career included a hat-trick in the 5-0 league victory against Cambridge City in 2006-07. Marvin totalled 108+13 appearances in a Yeading shirt, hitting the net an impressiev 51 times before a move to the Conference National with Woking. In August 2008 he joined Aldershot Town for whom he played over 100 matches. However, after the 1-2 defeat to Hereford United on 3rd January 2011 he allegedly posted “Like to thank the fans who booed me off the pitch. Where’s that going to get you! I hope you all die”. He was soon farmed out on loan to Dagenham & Redbridge and subsequently joined Shrewsbury Town in the summer of 2011.

Defender Didier Moundi began his career as a junior in Cameroon with Dynamo Douala and quickly earned a move to French side Lille as a young trainee before being spotted by the United States' Minneapolis. Three years later the youngster moved to Chelsea, and despite not featuring for the Blues, was twice called up to travel with the Cameroon senior international side for matches against Zambia and South Africa. Having impressed at Bristol City, Didier spent two seasons at Ashton Gate before making his way to The Warren where he made two starts for Yeading. He moved to Kingstonian in December 2003 but again only made a couple of starts. In September 2004 he trialed for Carlisle United and in January 2007 he had trials for both Dorchester Town and Yeovil Town, but doesn’t appear to have played in the first team for any of them.

Born in 1986, John Mousinho was an Isleworth-born midfielder who progressed through the youth team ranks at Brentford. After short loan spells at Woking and Slough Town, he arrived at Yeading to make six starts at the end of the 2005-06 season. He returned to Griffin Park to make over 50 appearances including a stint as goalkeeper against Gillingham in 2006 when Clark Masters (later to play for Hayes & Yeading United) was sent-off. He moved to Wycombe Wanderers in the summer of 2008 where he spent two seasons. He started the 2010-11 season at newly promoted Stevenage.

James Mulley progressed through the Yeading youth team, and scored on his debut in a Middlesex Charity Cup match against Wealdstone in March 2007. James made 11 starts and scored a solitary goal for Yeading in the 2006-07 season and must have impressed manager Garry Haylock who took him to the newly merged Hayes & Yeading United at the point of merger. After being released in October 2010 he had a brief spell at Chelmsford City before a move to AFC Wimbledon saw him make his debut on New Years Day 2011 when he scored a cracker on his debut against of all teams Hayes & Yeading United, eventually helping AFC Wimbledon to promotion to the Football League in May 2011.

Go back to the A - Z of Yeading FC

Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table