Hayes & Yeading United


A-Z of ... Hayes FC

*** H ***

Striker Jerome Hall progressed from Yeading's reserves and scored on his debut having come off the bench against Wealdstone in a Middlesex Senior Cup win in December 2004. He made just one other substitute appearance that season. He then played in local football before joining Northwood in November 2006, where he played over 50 matches before leaving when his contract expired in May 2008. After trials at Maidenhead United and Wealdstone he spent the entire 2008-09 season at Harrow Borough.

Dean Harper, born in 1983, defender Dean joined Yeading from Hanwell Town in April 2003 making 10+1 appearances before he then returned to Hanwell Town before joining Slough Town in August 2007. After three full seasons with The Rebels he moved to Beaconsfield SYCOB in October 2010.

Midfielder Hammid Harrak made 4 starts for Yeading in the 2002-03 season, and then spent the 2003-04 season at Egham Town. He had previously played for Chertsey Town with Johnson Hippolyte in 1996-97.

Sam Hatton was a midfielder who started his career at Stevenage Borough and went on loan to Northwood, Maidenhead United, Yeading and Diss Town. His month on loan at The Warren, September 2006, saw him score on his debut in an away win at Sutton United. All in all Sam started 7 matches for Yeading, scoring that solitary goal. He moved to AFC Wimbledon in May 2007 where he won the “FA Cup player of the 4th Qualifying Round” award for his performance against Maidstone United in October 2008. He has now played over 100 games for AFC Wimbledon, including both fixtures against Hayes & Yeading United over the 2009/10 Christmas and New Year holiday, and was part of the AFC Wimbledon team that won promotion to the Football League via the play-offs in 2010-11.

Davis Haule played for Peterborough United, Birmingham City, Wimbledon, Harrow Borough, Hendon, Wembley, Jacksonville Cyclones (USA), Vidir IK (Finland) and various clubs in New Zealand prior to his arrival at Yeading from Woking on transfer deadline day in March 2004, making his debut against Boreham Wood the following month. In all for Yeading he made 97+6 appearances, hitting the net 18 times. He spent the 2007-08 season at Hendon, started 2008-09 at Staines Town, spending a period of time on loan at Wealdstone, and was at Ashford Town (Middlesex) for the 2009-10 season. He signed for Windsor & Eton then Ashford Town (Middx) in pre-season 2010-11, but played for neither, before joining Bedfont Town in September 2010.

Daniel Hawkesworth spent five seasons at The Warren having made his debut as a substitute in the opening game of the 2000/01 season. Could play as a defender or in midfield and was competent all the way across the pitch, his previous clubs included Southall, Uxbridge and Northwood. Played 54+4 times for the Ding, scoring just the 1 goal. Since leaving he has played for Hounslow Borough and AFC Hayes, and, more recently, Hayes Gate of the Middlesex County Football League Premier Division.

Joe Healy was a striker who started his career as a trainee at Millwall, making his debut in a 0-3 Carling Cup defeat at Anfield against Liverpool in October 2004. He made a handful of league and cup appearances for Millwall and spent some time on loan at Crawley Town (February to April 2006) before joining Fisher Athletic in the summer of 2006. He went on loan firstly to Beckenham Town and then in March 2007 to Yeading where he started eight matches and scored three goals. Joe spent the 2007-08 season back at Beckenham Town, and then moved briefly to Welling United for the start of the 2008-09 season, before returning to Beckenham Town in October 2008. He joined Margate in November 2008 but left in February 2010 due to work commitments, and rejoined Welling United where he remains in 2011.

Junior Hinckson was a pacy forward who joined Yeading in pre-season 2002 but made just one start in the 2002-03 season.

Johnson (Drax) Hippolyte returned to the Warren as joint-manager in March 2001, and assumed the full manager’s role in December 2001. As a player 'Drax' (so-called after a playground incident as a child) featured in both of Yeading's FA Cup First Round Proper appearances in 1993 and 1994, scoring many goals in his Yeading career and during his time at Hampton, Aldershot Town, Dulwich Hamlet, Chesham United, Chertsey Town, Wealdstone, Chalfont St Peter, Uxbridge and Hounslow. He still played occasionally as manager (3+4 games with 1 goal) and led Yeading to their first silverware in several years lifting the Bryco Cup in the 2002-03, and the Divisional trophy and Drax also won the Manager of the Year award for Ryman Division One North in 2003-04. He left the Warren in October 2006 to become manager at Maidenhead United where he remains in summer 2011.

Goalkeeper Matt Hodson began his career in the Wycombe Wanderers youth team before spells with Yeading and Marlow and then Hayes, where he appeared in the Conference National, and on loan at Hampton. After a single match for Aylesbury United on 1st March 2003, he returned to The Warren and kept a vital clean sheet in the 2003 Bryco Cup Final against Canvey Island. After spells at Exeter City and Staines Town he returned for his third spell at Yeading in January 2005 amassing a total of 38 appearances with his final season at Yeading being hampered by injury.

Attacking left sided player Ben Hudell signed for Yeading in September 2005 following his release by Chelsea, having featured ten times for Premiership Champion’s Reserves in the 2004/05 season. Ben spent some of the 2005-06 season on loan with Hendon to gain match fitness before forcing his way back into Yeading’s first team making 51+1 appearances with a brace of goals over two seasons. Ben then spent the entire 2007-08 season at Hendon before joining Burnham in August 2008 where he stayed for two and a half years making over 100 appearances. In February 2011 he moved again, this time to Marlow.

After making ten appearances for Farnborough Town in the 2004-05 season, Rob Hughes first appeared at The Warren in the 2005-06 pre-season. Then, after a good display against Oxford United, he apparently approached their manager Brian Talbot and told him “I’m at least as good as your lot, can I have a trial” and was immediately snapped-up by the Football league side. However, after just one start, against Gillingham in the Coca-Cola Cup, and three substitute appearances he was released. He briefly returned to Farnborough Town and then Sutton United before joining Yeading, making his full debut against Welling United in January 2006. He made a total of six starts in the second half of the 2005-06 season. He spent 2006-07 at Croydon Athletic and 2007-08 Sutton United. In the summer of 2008, having just signed for Bromley, he was attached by fellow British tourists whilst celebrating his 28th birthday on holiday in Crete, leaving him in a coma. At one point he was given only 48 hours to live, and only survived after several operations, which included having part of his skull removed. As of December 2009 six men implicated in this appalling crime were undergoing a formal extradition process so they can face trial in Greece. After a remarkable recovery he started the 2009-10 season in the Welling United first team squad where he made a couple of appearances in August, and he then moved to Croydon Athletic.

Born in Hammersmith in 1971, midfielder Otis Hutchings started his career in the Gillingham, Watford and Chelsea youth teams. He then embarked on a non-league tour of Walton & Hersham (August 1995), Tooting & Mitcham (August 1996), Molesey (February 1997), Dulwich Hamlet (March 1997), Aldershot Town (October 1997), Hampton (August 1998), Chesham United (December 1998), Boreham Wood (November 1999) and back to Aldershot Town until May 2000. He joined Yeading during the 2002-03 season where he made 12 appearances.

Go back to the A - Z of Yeading FC

Pitching in | Partners with Southern Football League

League Sponsors

Joma Greenfields FWP Architecture

League Table